Thursday, February 9, 2017

Goodies!

Now that I'm settling in to my "new" life, I've started to catch up on new publications and am casting around for a new research project. Today, I discovered that the University of Oklahoma Press has just published The Civil War in the Southwest Borderlands, 1861-1867 by Andrew E. Masich; immediately, I navigated to Amazon and purchased a copy. Several years ago, Masich's excellent narrative and compilation of primary accounts, The Civil War in Arizona: The Story of the California Volunteers, 1861-1865, was published. I'm looking forward to receiving his latest book!

In April, the University of North Carolina Press will be publishing Theater of a Separate War: The Civil War West of the Mississippi River, 1861-1865 by Thomas W. Cutrer who is a professor emeritus at Arizona State University. Its length is advertised as 600 pages, and, judging by the publisher and the author, it will be a high quality book.

About three years ago, I noticed an uptick in scholarship about the trans-Mississippi, and the pace of publication appears to be accelerating.

No comments:

Post a Comment